Disclosing herpes to partners

Hi.

I recently was diagnosed with HSV 2 (genital herpes). I only got tested because I found out my ex cheated on me so I wanted to make sure I was good. I was more worried about chlamydia than herpes so the diagnosis was shocking and I went into depression! But when my ex went & got tested to prove to me he was clean he in fact tested negative so I was a really shocked at that point. My ex & I are done now and we no longer speak but I wanted to take initiative over my health so I went and got a second herpes test and it came back negative!! I was shocked again. At this point im super happy my second test came back negative but I also can’t help but to worry. I requested a third test but my doctor said no its not necessary and to just let it go. I went to my OBGYN and she also told me it wasn’t necessary unless I had an out break. She also told me herpes is not a standard STD test and I should never have been tested unless I had symptoms.

Heres a few facts:

1.)My ex was my second partner, there was only one other before him

2.) I’ve never had an Out Break before

My question to this community is if you were me... would u display this information to future sex partners? At this point I never had symptoms of a herpes out break and I trust my doctor’s recommendation of not worrying about it unless I ever get one but is it wrong for me not to disclose this information to future sex partners. I want to be able to say im 100% clean but I also want to be honest because I would want my man to do the same. Im nervous. I feel fine and all my other tests are clean. I asked my doctors opinion and she said I DID NOT have to display this information at all if I did not want to. Please give me opinions and thanks for reading!