Can sexual assault turn into abuse after periods of time?

||

Was wondering because when I was 9, I was sexually assaulted by a guy named Brandon. He would continually terrify me and disgust me on purpose. And it got to the point to where I would run away to the bus terrified when school ended and try to get a seat first so he couldn't sit with me. He rode the same bus. At first glance it sounds like I was bullying him, but I wasn't.

The first time he sat with me on the bus I was cornered against the wall and I couldn't move. I remember his breath on my neck, and him trying to forcefully kiss me. I remember his arms around me. I remember the kids teasing me by saying he was my boyfriend. I don't remember much at all from that time period but that it happened multiple times until the last month of school when he moved away. He would continually tell me he wanted to f*** me which I didn't understand. I have documents from the past because I would write a diary and it says things about him touching me but I have completely no recall of anything beyond what I was feeling and thinking about that day. I was terrified to tell anybody because I thought he would hurt me.