Wtf. Really?

Kaitlyn • Mom to one 👦🏼 and three 🐶

Gonna be treated like a god damn teenager again because my bf still doesn’t wanna get married and his parents are traditional Christian, and I get to deal with that. This man, 32 damn years old, wants to go stay with his parents for 4-5 weeks while he’s transitioning out of the military. Cool, love them, great people, but they are crazy old fashioned type Christians. I am 27 years old, I’m agnostic, I have a child, and we have been living together for 3 years outside of the length of time we’ve been dating, but he won’t even consider approaching the idea of asking them to let us share a room together and expects me to share a room with my 8 year old instead (who kicks constantly in the night). If we were fucking married, it would be a non-discussion, we would be able to sleep together. Literally no difference in my mind at this point. But nooooo, just because he won’t pull the fucking trigger, I gotta be okay staying in a house and treated like a damn teenager again. And he doesn’t get why I’m mad. His parents have been wanting us to get married for 5 years. And it’s still this same shit every time we visit to the point we had to stay with his sister last time we visited because it was two weeks long and he wanted to be able to have sex during that time frame. I let it go for the short visits, but idk how many times I had to hear in that two weeks last summer that his mom prays for us to have a baby. Kinda hard to do that when we can’t sleep in the same damn room according to your religion, huh? Not even specifically get married, just have a baby at this point. I haven’t told anyone I’m pregnant yet because it’s too early and he keeps throwing new shit at me that’s gonna stress him out too. And I’m so mad at this point because in my mind, getting married is a few years overdue, there’s no reason not to. It’s a point of major contention for me, I’m so mad, I’m asking him wtf is the point of me even going if we could potentially be there in their house for a few months and not even be able to sleep in the same room. I’m tired of being the tagalong girlfriend. I sure as shit don’t wanna be reminded of it for two months staying with his parents. And he won’t even ask, just tells me I gotta suck it up and ignores why I’m mad like I’ll just get over it. I pay my own bills, I have my own house, why the hell would I be okay putting up with that when he won’t even try to compromise? I’m literally about to be like fuck it, I’ll meet you in DC when you find us a place there, or Ohio, wherever it ends up being. Part of me is sure I’m overreacting from hormones, I’ve been crying throughout this thread, but I’m mad dammit.