I’m So Embarrassed

Hey guys. I guess more than anything I’m looking for advice and maybe any stories you may have. I feel so embarrassed and almost ashamed about this all. My boyfriend and I are both 17 and have been dating for about 4 years, we starting dating early and take our relationship very seriously. My parents and siblings were out at the pool and said they wouldn’t be back until 6 so we started getting ideas of sneaking to my place. Although we fool around, neither one of us feels comfortable actually having sex. However when my mom walked in that’s not what it seemed like... My parents have since limited my boyfriend and I’s contact until August 28, taken phone, and car privileges and wants to get me tested (all of which I respect and have no trouble following). I had a really good relationship with my boyfriends parents as well as mine but I’m terrified that it will never be the same and that it’s hardly even worth trying. As young and naive as this may sound, I could see myself marrying my boyfriend in the future. He’s a great guy and even tried to take the majority of the blame when everyone knows it takes two to tango. I’m not a disrespectful person in anyway but I feel awful based on the way this ordeal went through. Am I an awful person?