Text bfs mum?

I’m in a complicated situation with my boyfriend at the moment. We got into a big fight that went wayyyyy out of hand and he‘s pissed at me, which rarely happens so I’m confused on what to do since he doesn’t usually get mad at me. He hasn’t spoken to me for a few days and I really want to go out somewhere like the beach ( since we both love the beach ) to talk with him because I miss him but I’m anxious if I should and what he would say. I spoke with his Mum a day ago and she did say that she’d speak with him about meeting up with me but I don’t know if she has yet and I’m thinking of just texting her if she has ?? Not trying to get her involved but if I know that she has actually spoken to him about meeting with me, nothing more. Only to see if she has told him about it since she did say she would. I’d feel a lot more comfortable with texting him and asking him out to talk about what went wrong, which I know deep down he does want to talk but we both stubborn asf and it can be difficult to talk about our feelings but we have a whole lotta love