I’m Sorry

Dear Dad,

I’m sorry but I can no longer even half ass a relationship with you. I can no longer stand to feel like the family fuck up to everyone just because you’d rather deflect your insecurities on your own daughter rather than be a man and admit to your mistakes. I can’t let myself be continue to worry about any little any thing anyone says about me because I can’t trust my own dad to not talk bad about me. I can’t stand to be paranoid and overly-cautious of any friends in fear that they’re fake because my own dad acts fake to me. And I think what hurts the most is that I would have never thought you would burn me so bad. I never thought that at the age of 16, I’d have to deal with my dad making me out to be such a bad kid when I spend all my days working and completing school work, not to mention I have never missed a day of either and have made over $1,000 in a month. I’ve tried for so long to make a relationship work, but as it goes on, I realize it’s no longer worth it. It’s not worth putting myself through pain just please someone who makes no effort to make our relationship mutual. And as I sit here with tears in my eyes as I write this out, I hope one day you’ll understand and appreciate just how much I tried; tried to make you happy, to make you proud of me, tried to stick by you even when Things went south. But now I have to save my own my mental state before it’s too late. You chose drinking over us a long time ago and I can’t stand to allow myself to get caught up in that mess. I’m sorry

-Your oldest daughter 💓