18 and pregnant

Posting anon because I’ve got family on here, and I don’t want this to turn into some big family fight🙄

Hey guys, I need to vent for a minute.

My cousin just found out she’s pregnant. She is 18 years old. She’s engaged, her parents knew they were having sex, they never had any issue with her age when it came to sex or getting married. Now that she is pregnant, all hell has broken loose. Everyone in our family is saying they’re way too young to be parents, a baby will ruin their life, they’ll get judged, etc. she started crying and asked me if everyone will really hate her because she’s pregnant at 18.

I decided I wanted to find out what women on here think, if 18 is too young. What surprised me is many women on here have the same mindset as my cousin’s parents, on all the polls on here, 18 is not too young to have sex, not too young to get married, not too young to get their own house, but IS too young to get pregnant? How does that work? If you’re going to tell an 18 year old girl she can move out, get married, and have sex...how can you also tell her she isn’t old enough to have a baby? That just blows my mind.