Rheumatoid Arthritis Fears

El

Hi! I was diagnosed 10 years ago with Rheumatoid Arthritis and I was 15 at the time. I had tried enbrel and humira with no change. I've tried Methotrexate and ended up losing 50 pounds from it making me unable to eat. I was lucky to go into remission 7 years ago on Arava. I was dumb enough to quit seeing a rheumatologist and quit all meds. I went to the doctor a month ago because I could feel a flare up and my blood tests confirmed I am out of remission. I am currently on 20mg twice a day of Prednisone until I can finally get into a rheumatologist on Jan 9th. I am literally freaking out. I'm still in tons of pain and exhausted but not sleeping at night. I am now 25 with two kids and a husband. I'm so scared of being super sick with the meds like I had before and I feel so guilty that I can't give my husband the intimacy he is craving. I just feel like a giant ball of pain and bitchiness. I feel like a crappy wife and mother because I hurt to the point of tears and I can't take my family bowling and hiking like we used to. Is there anyone who can help alleviate my fears on any of the newer medicine available or anyone who can give me advice on being intimate through all this pain?????