Marriage and Kids

Suzonne

I can’t believe I’m actually posting this on here. I just really need advice from people who don’t know me.

When I was 14 I had a miscarriage. Ever since then it’s felt like a piece of me is missing. I want kids so badly. I cannot wait to get married and have kids. It’s all I think about constantly. I’m currently 17. I’ll be 18 in 24 days. I’m a senior in high school. My boyfriend is 17. He’ll be 18 in May. We’ve been together for over a year. We’ve talked about getting married like a year from now. We both have a job. He makes $800 a month, but I only make $500. I’m going to college to get my Elementary Education degree and he’s going to Welding school. I have a year of my college done, and so does he. How long should we wait to have kids? I was thinking like a year after we got married, maybe a couple months less? And I know a lot of you think, “You’re only 17. Live a little.” But trust me, we both have. He lost both his parents and went down a bad road but got off it when he met me. I went down a bad road as well. I dated a lot of abusive guys. He helped me become a better person.

Sorry for the long information. I just wanted to give you all the information you would need to help me. So, to restate the question: How long should we wait to have kids?