My boyfriends best friend is crazy & I’m pretty sure she’s in love with him.

Veronica

I’m 26 years old. I’ve been friends with my boyfriend for about 7 years. We talked on & off but weren’t close until we moved in together & we got into a relationship 6 months later. Now we’ve been together for about a year.

So he’s 28 and has been friends with this girl since high school. They say they’re each other’s best friends, so after dating him for a couple of months I tried to meet her a handful of times, she always agreed to go to events with us or even just hang out at our house but always came up with an excuse not to show up..

I thought it was odd but never thought too much into it. Then, I finally met her at a friends wedding.

**Let me back up**

Throughout the time that we were supposed to meet, i found out that she had been texting my boyfriend talking crap about me, before she even met me... so of course I got angry & didn’t like her but told myself that I was going to give her a chance anyway because she was still his best friend...

So fast forward to the wedding... I knew she was going to be there so I bought her a small holiday gift & tried to hug her when I was introduced to her. But she instead awkwardly extended her hand for a handshake...

She then proceeded to act like her best friend(my bf) & I didn’t exist for the rest of the evening.

At this point I’m having fun thinking I’m making friends, yet my boyfriend at some point storms in & grabs my arm and asks to talk to me in private... he asks why I’m talking bad about him & why I’m saying outrageous things... I got angry because I didn’t say any of the things that he was confronting me about..

& told him that he was an idiot for letting people who don’t know me tell him about me. While I’m saying this she rushed into the other room & grabbed my arms, got in my face & started yelling at me... I’m typically a calm woman who doesn’t do drama. But I got extremely angry & just about attacked her. During this time she continuously yelled, “I told you I didn’t want to meet this bitch.” Causing a scene looking crazy.

I remembered that we were at a wedding so I stopped & left...

Weeks later her and her friends are still talking about it, telling my bf that I’m going to leave him the moment that I find a rich man. That I slept with another man the night before the wedding & that I use him for his money.

He knows it’s not true because although we live together, he doesn’t do anything for me. I pay all of my bills by myself. I have a great paying career. I already have a handful of wealthy men who continue to want to take me out, so don’t need to “look for one.” We stayed in the night before the wedding, so I was with him all night. AND he’s the most selfish person when it comes to money so I don’t use him for money at all. He’s never even given me a single dollar bill.

& he’s confused as to why I’m so angry about all of this... so my question is.. do you guys think that I have the right to be angry?

? Or am I over exaggerating?

I’m annoyed because these things didn’t even happen to me in high school... but it’s happening with almost 30 year olds... I feel so disrespected & I’m so over it. I’m disgusted that he associates himself with people like that... what should I do?