C-Section Scheduled - Breech and IUGR

Bl

This has been quite the journey for me. At the beginning of my pregnancy, my wish was to have a water birth at a birthing center or at home with no pain meds. HA! Now I will be having my baby in a hospital and I’ll be fully medicated since I’ll be having a c-section. My first lesson learned in motherhood is that things rarely go how you plan or wish, but you can find the positive in any situation and have to learn how to roll with it. My baby has been measuring under the 10th percentile for quite some time now. I am 5’1 and I weighed 111lbs pre-pregnancy so I wasn’t surprised to hear she was small since I’m small and my tummy can only get so big. Which means that she can only grow so big. Luckily, nothing else has been wrong with her. Every NST and Doppler goes perfectly, I just made a small human 😌 However, she is breech. At first I was devastated to learn that I’ll more than likely have to have a c-section. The reason I was so scared was because when I got my wisdom teeth pulled (at 20yrs), I didn’t react well to the anesthesia. After it wore off, I projectile vomited for 2 days and had diarrhea at the same time. With open wounds in my mouth and the fact that I couldn’t keep anything down which meant I couldn’t take my pain meds, it’s safe to say it was a pretty traumatic experience. My dentist said that happens to 1 person about every 10 years 😳 so I was like okay cool well I don’t ever want anesthesia again and when I get pregnant I don’t want an Epi just in case my reaction isn’t favorable. But, here I am, 5 days away from my scheduled c-section and I am surprisingly at peace. I know having a major surgery is risky, but going into labor with a breech babe is also risky. Even more so. Also since she’s IUGR, a natural labor could send her into distress if it takes too long and I could potentially have to have an emergency c-section. All I want is for her to be safe and if this is what it takes then I’m on board. I’ve been trying to look at the positives. Like, I won’t have to be in pain leading up to the birth, only recovery pain which would happen with a vaginal delivery as well. A different kind of pain, yes. But still, I only have to have half of it. Also, my vag will look the same after which is pretty cool. ALSO! Though I will still bleed, they clean you out pretty well so I’ll more than likely just need a large pad and not a full on diaper. Anyway, it’s not what I wanted from the start, but now I’m looking forward to it in a strange way. I’ve done all of the preparation that I can possibly do. Every birth story is different and rarely goes exactly how we want it. With each day, I am more at peace and just so excited to meet my little human. My C-Section will be this Wednesday at 10:30am and I’ll be 39weeks exactly 🤗 I have been obsessed with all of the pictures of the new babes so far and I’ll be posting some of my little one along with my birth story as soon as I can! Thanks for reading this far and for all of the support. I love this group 🖤