Daycare rant

I am a daycare worker who has her OWN children enrolled, so I have experience on both sides of this story. And I know all moms want what’s best for their child.

One of the mom’s of the kid I care for talked to my director and said my class’s teachers are lazy. Excuse me? 1: I have 14 18m olds who bite, push, are learning how to be defiant and obedient. So sometimes we have days where we are literally trying to just keep our head above water. 2: these kids go home fed, changed, with an art project, and some can even count to 10, EVERY day. I do not sit down for one minute of the 7 hours I am on the clock. So for her to call me lazy is an absolute insult. I am a working mother of 2 under 2 and military spouse, so more than half the time I’m parenting alone for weeks at a time. Obviously this woman doesn’t know my story, but her kid NEVER comes in with a home cooked meal, all processed junk. She says we don’t tire him out enough for the evening while he’s home. He’s not allowed to take more than an hour nap because she will lose sleep when he doesn’t sleep through the night. I take care of 1 year olds, not run a boot camp. I’m honestly furious and I don’t want to come across this woman because I honestly will not give her time of day. Obviously I still care for her child as I did before this situation, but I do not like her anymore.