Weight gain at 24 weeks

Danielle

Hey there I just wanted to check in with you other mamas out there and see if anyone is in the same boat as me. I started out this pregnancy as being obese, I’m only 5ft and when I went in at 4 weeks to confirm the pregnancy I was 222lbs which was the heaviest I had ever been. I’ve been seeing a counselor every couple of weeks and I have been staying pretty consistent and have gained a total of 6lbs as of now.

I know when you start out obese you’re supposed to gain less but I’ve been at the same weight for at least a month and a half now. The doctor keeps telling me just keep doing what your doing but I feel like I don’t have much of an appetite and when I do eat I get full pretty much instantly and can only eat about half the amount of food at a time compared to when I was not pregnant and I’m pretty sure I’m getting in a lot less calories now than I was pre pregnancy just because I get full so quickly.

Is anyone else having these issues? I know my little guy is active in there I can feel him moving quite a bit each day I’m just worried I’m not getting in enough calories for him since your supposed to have more calories when your pregnant instead of less.