Welcoming Our Little Man, Samuel Carter ❤

Mo

Wow, birth is such a tremendous experience. Every minute is scary and unsettling, but so worth the little chubby-cheek squish ball at the end ❤

*birth story*

At 38 weeks and 5 days (August 15) I woke up to Braxton Hicks contractions that were pretty irregular around 6:50 am. I wasn't too concerned because I was meeting my Obgyn that morning anyway for my scheduled appt. We get there and my timing started to become more regular, but my OB told me that my cervix was still only measuring 2cm but was soft, so to just keep her up to date with any changes!

I get home and time them all day.

Well my SO leaves for work and as I laid down to take a nap, my contractions subsided and I stopped worrying.

Literally, as soon as he opens the door after work, my contractions came right back and I was immediately overcome with this energy where I started nesting! It honestly was so crazy, like my body was waiting 🤣

My SO didn't think anything of my contractions tho so later that night we just went to bed. Well... he went to bed... My contractions began to get more intense and more regular and I could not sleep for the life of me. I got up to start a bath to try to relax, and as soon as I got up, the contractions were 1:30 seconds apart to 3 minutes apart and I was DYING. The tub did not help at all and I was moaning and cringing through them all.

I finally called my SO into the bathroom and told him WE HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL.

He didn't believe it at first and was way too tired (by now it was 4 am) so he tried to convince me to try to sleep. I told him, NO. We HAVE to go!!!!! This was a pain that was more than sure.

Well, he said okay, and at that point I was trying my hardest to get up to get clothes on. But every step I took I collapsed and couldn't move because of the pain. It took a good half an hour but we finally got into the car and went!

The ER was empty and they could tell immediately when I walked in without me saying anything that YUP i was in labor. They took me to get checked and said i was 4cm dilated and 80% effaced and my contractions were so bad that they admitted me into L&D.

Well I got my epidural going (planned on no medication but caved-- absolutely do not regret it lol), and hours passed. I was progressing a lot to the point that I finally reached 10 cm but my water had not yet broken.

They decided to have me start delivery. The time came to push and this pain was the WORST I've ever felt in my life. I didn't think I could do it and I screamed so loud and actually popped my water onto my delivery nurses ... The whole delivery was so embarrassing but hey no one said it was supposed to be pretty lol. All I could do was keep apologizing.

Samuel Carter finally came at 2:51 pm on August 16, 2019!!!!

Weighing 7 lbs and 7 oz and measuring 20 in long

He is so perfect all I could do was cry my SO and I are so in love with our first baby boy 💙💙💙💙💙

This handsome little burrito was worth every ache, pain, tear, stitch, and scream. ❤👶🏼