And the bitches whatevered.

I used to hate when I heard that people were talking about me. I used to actually stress out about it and I wanted to correct all the rumors and gossip. Then I just stopped caring. I feel like when you care that much you’re giving them power over you, and letting them control your emotions.

I live in a very small, gossip ridden town because nobody has anything better to do.

Walked into a small local store and I wasn’t listening at first but there was this group of women I didn’t even know who looked at me and said “oh shit.” Like I don’t have ears or something lol and “that’s who we were just talking about.” As they all looked back at me and giggled and I just stood there staring at them blankly and confused for a minute like “???” And that’s about how far my thoughts got about it and I got what I needed and then left and completely forgot about it until just now.

I must have come a long way because that type of thing would have bothered and crippled me for a whole week before. That moment would have ran through my mind over and over again. I would have been wondering what I did to them and what they were talking about.

You really do gain your power back when you don’t give a shit. I can’t control them but I can control myself and how I respond. Plus I literally did not know any of them except for one girl I recognized from highschool. That I haven’t seen since highschool. 🤣