Oral sex on me...he didn’t finish

A few months ago my boyfriend went down on me for the first time for a little while. He did once before but maybe for 2 minutes tops. This time it was more like 5-10 minutes. It’s always been something I’m self conscious about. He wanted to really try so we did. Idk if it’s a coincidence or not but he also couldn’t finish that night. I ended up crying and feeling like I couldn’t make him cum even though he said it wasn’t my fault. I linked it to him going down on me even though we did other stuff after that. I immediately said I don’t want him to go down on me anymore Bc he clearly didn’t like it Bc he didn’t finish. He said it wasn’t that but he was never super chummy with oral on me.

Am I stupid for linking his lack of finishing to that??? He hasn’t really tried since / idk if he wants to or not. We were both virgins before we got together so we don’t really know what we’re doing. He was so so at oral but I did enjoy it even tho I felt SUPER vulnerable.

I want him to go down on me but I’m so anxious that he really won’t like it or Idk the smells?? Like I’m clean but you know???? Sometimes guys don’t smell all that great either for head, you know? Like sweat?

Someone help give a girl some guidance in the realm of all this, please.