Anyone else not feel close to or miss extended family when they don’t see them?

I don’t know if I’m just a total weirdo or what but my mom keeps making me feel guilty for not missing family. I moved a few hours away like five years ago and have lived here ever since and don’t see my extended family as much as I used to. I still see my parents, siblings and grandparents about once a month and to be honest those are the only people I care about seeing. Well I have some random great aunts and stuff who my mom says miss me and want to see me. When I visit my family and only get to see them once a month I don’t want a million people there. I just want to spend time with the people who matter most to me. These great aunts and other family members who she says miss me and want to see me so much I maybe saw twice per year growing up for like 30 minutes at a time or at a random family occasion where I remember saying maybe 3 words to them? I just don’t get it. How can I miss someone I barely know? To be completely honest I don’t miss these type of family members at all and have never seen any connection to them. Is this weird of me? I still see them on occasion at family gatherings which is fine, but I don’t see the need to invite 20 people over every time I get a chance to go visit my parents. I’d rather have a more close experience with people I’m actually close to.