am i selfish??

Emily • 07.22.19👶🏻🥰

so i’m a mom to a two month old. i exclusively breastfeed, but before my milk came in he was mostly formula fed. then it transitioned to him only getting about one 2oz bottle a day so i could sleep. around the time he turned 4 weeks old, i decided to give EBF a shot, and i was able to! that went on for three days, and then my mother tried to give him a bottle so i could rest, but he wouldn’t drink it at all! it’s not that he doesn’t take bottles because he drinks breastmilk from them just fine, i guess he just doesn’t like the taste anymore.

i’m extremely proud of the fact that i’m able to exclusively breastfeed and give my baby the best food for him (not shaming you formula feeding mommas though!) but at the same time, i wish he would take formula just so i can go out every once in a while. it sucks having to feed him before every errand i run and constantly worrying and being in a rush to get back home before he gets hungry. i have tried pumping but i’m never able to pump enough to store.

am i selfish for feeling this way?