I never say thank you

G 🤎

My husband works 12 to 13 hours a day. There has been days where it’s been more. He takes forever to respond to a text, or a phone call, because he’s working. His job requires him to be face to face with clients, no, he’s not cheating. If he was, I wouldn’t know, because I don’t go through his phone, because I trust him. If I didn’t trust him, I would not be with him.

He allows me to be a stay at home mom. I use the term “allow” very loosely because him and I both know that it is my choice. I am in full control of our money, yes, our. He buys me a new car every two years, and the one I’m currently driving is a $80k vehicle, while he drives our paid off older one that you have to treat with lots of love and care.

Even though he works such long hours, he still takes off to chaperone field trips. He uses his lunch to attend doctors visits. He goes in late to show up to parent teacher conferences. He leaves work early because I have allergies and “just can’t.”

I use to be “the cook” in our household. But after having our third kid, I have post partum depression and have had a hard time finding a good schedule that works for me and the kids, making it hard to figure out a time to cook. So after working all day, he still comes home, usually at 9pm, and asks me what I want to eat, and cooks it.

He’s not perfect at all. He has a strong and super aggressive personality that I’m super sensitive to. He’s a Virgo, I’m a Pisces. But he is constantly working on it. Sometimes he complains and I fall into this cycle of thinking I need to do more and that I’m not good enough. But he always reminds me that I’m doing a great job.

I even decided to stop breastfeeding after 9 months of doing it exclusively and he was just as supportive of me stopping as he was when I chose to start.

I didn’t come here to brag, but then again, I did. I read so many stories about husbands who do everything but these things, causing so much heartache in the women they promised to love and support, that even though I thought these were the things a man was suppose to do, I realize so many men fall short. I have never said thank you to my husband, for just being a good husband. So I will.