Bedsharing dilemma -please help!

My daughter is 7 months old. She began sleeping through the night early on but bed shared. When we felt she was ready we switched her to her crib and did sleep training when she was 4 months. She caught on quick. Every night wasn’t perfect but she did sleep in there all night most of the time. We were super happy with the progress!

About a month ago she got really sick with hfmd and then RSV one after the other and bed shaded with us again because we wanted to monitor her breathing and keep her close. She was also extremely clingy and would not sleep unless she could feel us close. We decided once she got better we would sleep train again and move her to her crib.

Well now she just got the flu so we decided to hold off. Well last night while we were sleeping she crawled off the end of the bed onto the carpet. She is fine but it was absolutely terrifying for me and my husband. We no longer want to bed share at all BUT I don’t know how I feel about adding sleep training to get her to even sleep in the crib on top of her being so sick.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should move forward? Sleep train even though she is sick? (She will fight the crib unless we enforce sleep training. We sleep train by doing the Ferber method.) Or should I wait? Buy a bed rail for the end of the bed? 🤷🏼‍♀️😕