BFP... twins?

Melanie

December 10th we got 2 very dark positives, with evening urine. I had some cramping, so I decided to test.

This previous summer we decided to ttc, despite the judgment of my parents. I got my Bc (nexplonan) out in April 2019. I had it in for 4 years and had no cycles during that 4 years. I had one full cycle in June 2019, but ever since then I have not cycled. Because my cycles were absent we were constantly checking for bfp. We gave up trying in the beginning of August, if I wasn’t having cycles, I wasn’t releasing any eggs.

Fast forward to November, my bf and I break up. Things aren’t going the way we want them too and we just aren’t happy. He stays at a friends house for a week and then he comes home and we decide to work on things.

Things are so so amazing now and I couldn’t be more grateful. After our 2 BFP on 12/10 we went the next morning to the pregnancy clinic and got tested again, it was a BFP. They scheduled us for an ultrasound a week later.

The ultrasound is spotchy, and the nurses don’t know their left from their right. I swear I saw twins! Both my aunt from My moms side and my mom has had twins. So high probability.

The nurses at the free clinic told me “it’s either twins or something is wrong” and they scheduled me again for 1/7/20.

I was NOT settled with the outcome so I got insurance, got a new primary and they sent me to our local imaging office where they confirmed I have 2 gestational sacs. Only one yolk sac was visible. Both sacs measuring 4w4d. My hcg levels measuring 6w. So! We get to go in on Monday 12/30 and confirm the twin theory! We are super excited and nervous, twins with the first pregnancy should be a rollercoaster, but I have a a really big family offering support around every obstacle.

Thanks for listening 👂🏻

Due 8.2020