Night weaning help/struggling with husband

Su

My 11 month old wakes up every 3 hours to nurse. Our pediatrician says it’s for comfort and at this age he could sleep longer and doesn’t need to nurse. She advised to have my husband go in as we wean from those feedings because if he sees/smells me, he’s just going to want milk.

My husband started off supportive, but he doesn’t have the stamina. He gets so cranky being woken up to go comfort the baby. I feel like, too bad, so sad, I’ve been doing this for 11 months! After a couple days, he just gives up and says something like, “what do you want me to do? I go in and he cries. Turn the monitor off so we don’t have to hear it.”

I am a teacher, so I am on vacation and my husband still has to work. I am taking care of the 11 o’clock and 5am, still nursing. Anytime between that, I still think he should go in like the doctor says.

I just made him go back in there and he grabbed his stuff and went to sleep on the couch.

Should I keep pushing my husband to help? Is there an effective way to night wean that I can do myself?