Sleep regression

Sarah

Help! My 16 month old has been sleeping through the night for months. She goes to sleep on her own every night and has never cried about it before. This has all suddenly and drastically changed. I know sleep regressions are a normal part of development, but I’m struggling with how to handle it. She wants me to be physically in the room with her all night. The moment I walk into her room she immediately lays down and starts to go to sleep. When I leave her room she stands up and starts crying. My husband thinks that staying in her room while she falls asleep will only perpetuate the situation and cause her to get upset if she wakes up in the night and we’re not there. My husband took over tonight, so that I could go to bed early since she’s been depriving me of sleep the last couple of weeks. He told me it took her over an hour to fall asleep and now, here we are, at 2:15AM and she’s standing in her crib fussing. She’s not really crying, more just complaining that I’m not in there with her. She’s been “complaining” for about 20 mins already. What do I do? How do I survive this? Also, she needs a lovey to sleep at night. Sometimes she throws him out of her crib and that really upsets her and then she starts really crying. I have only really been going into her room if she throws him out, but I also don’t want to turn that into a game with her. How did you mamas get through this without creating future bad habits?