MIL wants us to cancel wedding !

My Mother in Law and I have always had a tough relationship. When my SO was 14 she decided to move to the States and leave her children behind. I came along two years later and she was upset because he didn’t want to move to the states so he could be with me. 6 years later, we are still together, have a 1 year old son, and are getting married! We let her know that we are having a small wedding and she flipped bricks. Saying we should cancel the wedding so my SO can move to the states easier. That’s NOT what we want to do! We love our country! She then said “I asked for a commitment ceremony now, and a wedding later!” I tried to tell her politely that it is not up to her when we get married, and if she can’t make it we will take videos for her. It’s not our fault she decided to move to a different country. She has been spam messaging me for the past three days telling me to cancel the wedding, and it’s not fair to her, and yada yada. It’s not fair or reasonable for her to try and ruin our day. My mother took my SO in when he was 16 and practically raised him from that point out. She is now terminally ill and wants to see us get married before she passes. There are so many important reasons for our decision, and my MIL just won’t give up. How do I tell her to butt out, in a way that won’t cause drama?!