Would you do it?

So my husband has wanted to get into law enforcement since he got out of the Army. He finally went ahead & started applying to various law enforcement jobs. He got an offer today to be a correctional officer at one of the largest facilities in the state (medium security). Only problem is that it’s 85 miles from where we currently live so the company wants us to relocate in order to take the job.

We have 2 small children; our daughter turns 3 in January & we have a 7 month old son. We don’t know anyone in that area & I’m not 100% sure how I feel about uprooting our children for $16.50/hour (automatically goes up to $17.50/hour after 6 months of employment). The company helps with the relocation process & there’s a $1500 sign on bonus to help cover security deposits on a new house/apartment. They also have housing for employees only. They will also pay for your hotel until you find an actual place to live. If he accepts the job he has 90 days to start.

Would you take the risk with 2 small children in order for your husband to start his dream job? The whole thing just doesn’t sound like a good idea to me.

Vote below to see results!