TTC 6 months and still no BFP... What I'm doing differently this cycle!

Kelley • DS 2/4/18

My body decided to be a troll this month. AF arrived with a vengeance after being 1 1/2 days late (I'm extremely regular). TTC for 6 months and no dice. I'm surprisingly doing OK - I think my husband was more disappointed than I was. His birthday is the 28th. I had this idea of getting him a "present" and him pulling out a onesie to surprise everyone. It would have been great... 😢

Anyways... I wanted to share with you ladies what I've been doing and what I'll be doing differently this cycle!

What I've been doing:

I've been taking prenatals for over a year now. I wanted to be sure that my body is already prepped for baby once we get pregnant. I've been taking:

- New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Multivitamin (1 tablet 3 times a day)

- NOW DHA 500 / EPA 250 (1 tablet a day)

- Folate 800 mcg (1 tablet a day)

Last month was my first month using OPK's. I made an Excel spreadsheet due to my OCD to help track everything and I also made it available for all you ladies to you. Please look at my profile to find the link!

What I learned from my OPK's: I got my LH surge on CD14. I have reason to believe I also ovulated that evening. While we BD'd like crazy this month, it still didn't happen. I also have a reason to believe it MIGHT be due to us using KY Liquid for lube (although we didn't use it on CD14 or CD15). Didn't realize until it was too late that this may be harmful to sperm.

What I'm doing differently this month:

I'm adding in 2000 mcg of Evening Primrose Oil to my daily prenatal routine up until I ovulate. For those that don't know, EPO is known to increase cervical mucous (which is awesome for sperm lifespan/mobility).

I also have my DH on a multivitamin routine to help (just in case) sperm count and strength. He is taking:

- Garden of Life Vitamin Code for men (1 tablet 4 times a day)

- Fish Oil (1 tablet 2 times a day)

We also are cutting out the KY Liquid for good. I looked into Pre-Seed and while I'm sure it works for a lot of women, it got me thinking... There are so many nasty chemicals in Pre-Seed (including parabens - yuck!!) AND our KY Liquid. I never thought about it before now, but I don't want to conceive our child with the help of these chemicals. This may sound crazy to some people (to each their own!), but we decided to go a more natural route with our lube (it worked for my SIL!), so this month we are ditching the KY and Pre-Seed for pure coconut oil!

I'm also going to try my hardest to not stress throughout this cycle. TTC is no joke (for some couples) and I just can't take it anymore. I'm not going to stress or worry as best I can. It'll happen when it happens... When its MEANT to happen. We have no control over this so well do the best we can and hope for a BFP.

Below are pictures of everything I discussed in this post. Thank you for reading! If anyone has any questions, please let me know! I'll be glad to help where I can!