Tips to losing weight!!

I'm 4 months postpartum now and I've lost all the weight that I've gained during pregnancy. Here are some tips that might work for you like they did for me.

-Eat Breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Instead of heading for those fruity pebbles or Frosted Flakes, go for something like scrambled eggs with some whole grain toast with a hazelnut chocolate spread and add a banana off to the side. If you are going to eat cereal I would suggest something like the cheaper version of Raisin Bran with almond slices.

-Exercise

You've heard it before but now you're gonna hear it again. Exercise is very important when it comes to maintaining your health. If you don't feel like going to the gym then that's alright. Maybe you could go for a walk outside and enjoy nature. Playing competing sports with family and friends also helps. Maybe you'd like to spice it up with DanceDanceRevolution? Find ways to keep yourself busy and GET THAT HEART PUMPING.

-NO SODA

during my pregnancy I was told that I couldn't have any caffeinated drinks and I thought that it sucked because I Loooove coffee and soda. In order to work around this "no caffeine" rule I drank decaffeinated soda like Sprite and Sunkist. I was packing on unnecessary weight by drinking the soda and I wasn't getting enough water for the baby so I slowly weaned myself off of soda by switching from Sunkist to Sprite and instead of Sprite I gradually drank more water than I drank the Sprite. Water is good for you. Water helps keep you hydrated (especially when you're someone who exercises regularly), it helps you maintain a proper digestive system (and yes you can get constipated from not drinking enough water), and there are no negative side effects to drinking the recommended amounts of water.

-Snacking

Instead of reaching for those Doritos or those PopTarts, grab something a little healthier and more filling. I would recommend a FiberOne/NatureValley/Lärabar/Clif bar, and while you're eating drink a little bit of water before you go to take your next bite. Once you've finished if you still feel hungry wait 10 to 15 minutes. Waiting lets everything settle and usually dry foods that enter your body tend to swell and expand. If the 15 minutes pass and you're still hungry, go for a piece of fruit like an apple, banana, or pear. And just like that other snack you should drink a little bit of water between each bite.

I gained 30 pounds throughout my pregnancy and the baby itself weighed 8 lbs and 4 oz. With that extra 21 pounds and 12 oz, it took me 4 months to finally lose it all. I hope these tips help. See ya.