Vegan & Losing Weight

Jes

I recently turned vegan this month because it was my goal to eat healthier. I turned vegetarian on February of this year but I ended up gaining almost 15 pounds after I switched. This happened because I had no clue how to eat. So I was weighing around 195-200lbs and it has been the heaviest I’ve ever been. I felt like a failure and almost gave up, but I decided to educate myself and managed to bring my weight down to 195lbs by May. I did go down to 190lbs in the summer but then I went on vacation to another country for 2 weeks and decided to eat everything because I wanted the full culture experience. I ended up back to 195-197lbs. My height is 5’5” and I’m a high school teacher. I am on my feet a lot throughout the day. I don’t workout yet but I will very soon because I’m super motivated! Today I decided to weigh myself and I am at 186lbs. I am extremely happy! I feel so good all the time ever since I switched to plant-based diet! I can see the impact of my energy when I’m teaching. Btw, I teach math so it’s extremely hard to motivate my students but I’ve had so much energy, it’s been rubbing off on them. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys! Oh and I forgot to mention, I never let myself be hungry!

Have an awesome weekend! 🤓