In Laws...

Lauren • Wifey to my sailor⚓️ Emergency medicine physician💉🏥 Pregnant with our first!💙

Alrighty. Where do i start lol...?

My husband and I already got married where we currently live (in DC) at the courthouse. But we're having a wedding for friends and family in Tennessee on the 18th. (Its where he's from and it's closer to my family and friends in Illinois)

We didn't even care to have a real wedding, the courthouse was going to be just fine for us. But his dad and step mom insisted. Yet didn't wanna help pay for jack squat🙄🙄

So today is the day we make the 8 hour hike down there, and start preparing for this weekend.

We are also planning on telling them that we're pregnant. (10 wks almost) and my husband and I both know how they are. His step mom who he's lived with since he was 5, is a raging bitch. (We both agree on that one) and his dad is always uptight ans angry because she has a cheating problem (whole different story)

And we both know EXACTLY what's gonna happen when we give them the little surprise gift we got them, to announce it.

There's always a happy moment when we tell them something (emphasis on MOMENT) because then it's over and then they pull my husband away, into another room and say stuff like "well are you sure? Is this the right thing?" Blah blah blah.

But i SWEAR TO THE GOOD LORD ABOVE...

if they try to say "Logan we need to talk" or some shit again.... and pull him away... I'm going to LOSE my mind.

I am his wife. This is OUR BABY. OUR PREGNANCY. if you wanna say something act like some damn adults and talk to US. THE HUSBAND AND WIFE. THE PARENTS OF THIS BABY!!

any tips? Advice? I cannot handle it, and we both know for a face they will try to pull that trick...