I think she’s going to ask me out. What do I do!

Eve • So late that this is pointless.

Context

I have a friend (A) who has only been in my life for less than a year. At first it was almost normal, although she was weirdly enthusiastic about our friendship. I really wanted to have a nice friendship, we had similar likes and dislikes and she really, REALLY nice to me. (A) started occasionally hanging out with me and my friends. After a short amount of time some of my friends started mentioning how obsessed (A) was becoming with me. One of my friends stated ‘Either she has a massive crush on you or is REALLY obsessed with you.’ (A) was hanging off me interrupting everyone why tried to speak to me, following me everywhere, refusing to leave me alone, and continuously finding excuses to give me stuff. I started getting really uncomfortable. She followed me everywhere and I was afraid she’d find out where I live. I know that sounds stupid but she started to scare me.

What happened

After time things got easier. We stayed friends. That leads to now. It’s my birthday soon and she has bought my gift and shown me her hand drawn card. She dropped some geeky hint that she was going to ask me out. Maybe I’m overthinking this! Maybe she’s actually going to tell me something else. I don’t know but I’m so nervous!

Important note

She has a history of mental illness, obsession, and violence. Which is fine, I have a similar history. But she can sometimes get extremely intense when she is emotional. I am nervous that no matter the outcome someone will get hurt.

I know this is entirely my fault but I really need your help. Thank you so much.

Vote below to see results!