Scared of Making the Wrong Decision...

Izzy • PNW 🌲 Retired Professional Ballerina. Master Pointe Shoe Fitter. Momma to 🐕🐈 👶🏻💙

Back story: My DH (25) and I (25) are in an open marriage. He recently came to terms with being bisexual and we both decided to explore ourselves sexually with other people. My family has never thought he was right for me and I always brushed them off cuz I didn't think they'd understand us. We've been married almost two years now, been together for six. The situation now is that I fell in love with another man. Like hardcore I love this man dearly. And throughout this whole open marriage process I have kind of realized everything that I need in a man my DH doesn't have at all. I feel like I have to be the man in the relationship and protect him and I hate having to feel this way all the damn time. But I also feel like my DH and I have been drifting apart. He feels more like a roommate than my husband, and sometimes I even feel more like his mother with making sure he take cares of himself. He also has no idea what he wants to do as a career and I'm tired of supporting him and his lack of knowing wtf he wants to do with his life... This other man I have met knows exactly where he wants to go in life and makes me feel beautiful and sexy and protected every time we are together and I want to take it to the next level with him, but he's very uncomfortable with me being married so it's stopped us from getting closer. He has also felt like my DH is in a way taking advantage of me and doesn't think what he's doing is right. I am so confused with all of this mess! I feel like I'd be better for my DH and I if we separated, but I am so scared of making the wrong decision. Any advice at all would be so appreciated... 💙