Age gaps in dating. Is he too young for me?

I’m a 26 year old female. Lately, I’ve been hanging out with a guy who is turning 21 in August. We’re only friends as of right now, and we work together. I think I may be developing feelings for him, but I’m afraid of the judgement that comes with dating someone so much younger than me. Also, we’re both at very different places in life.

**but we get along so well, communicate amazingly and have spot on the same sense in humor.

I don’t know if he feels the same way about me, but I’m afraid to even broach the subject because of the age thing.

Thoughts?

**sidenote: I have a bf, and we are on a lease together... but the relationship is in the shitter. He hardly ever touches me, and I mean that in the most basic way... like hugs, kisses, cuddling, any romantic touching... doesn’t happen unless I initiate it. Even then it’s not received well. Hardly any sex. I feel like I’m just living with a roommate/friend.

I still love and care about him, but idk.

I’m sure this is affecting how I feel about this younger coworker.

Torn, and confused.

Edit: not looking to cheat. Just trying to sort things out.

My bf is extremely hard to communicate with, with out him becoming immediately defensive. Or even uninterested... he’s an over all good guy, but definitely has some issues.