I need help to talk to my husband!

Venessa • Andreas 10.28.18 💙

So we are first time parents and I'm sure we go the the same problems and issues every parent goes through in adjusting to parent life. But my husband is sooo over protective over our son. I can definitely day in the more laid back parent. Last night we had an argument over the heat temp in the house. We have a 2 story house and a 1 zone heat system so naturally ots cold downstairs and hotter upstairs. Last night I fed and rocked the baby to sleep. I noticed that the temp upstairs was 78(I'm a naturally hot person) and went into our bedroom (on the same floor upstairs) and asked my husband to please lower the heat down a touch bc it's so hot. We share a bed with our son and having the room at 78 and with the added warmth of both of us it's just too much for him. I dont want him to overheat. But my husband said NO. He will not lower the heat down nor let me lower it. I told him then we should switch sides of the bed bc I sleep next to the heat vent. He wouldnt switch. I said I'm taking the baby in the spare room which is a bit cooler, he said no your not. (I told him he was being a *#;#) Hes so afriad that the baby will get too cold. He says, the babys checks are cold. I told him that's ok if they are cool to the touch bc as long as his core is warm hes fine. HOW DO I COPE WITH HIM BEING SO OVERPROTECTIVE.?!