WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!

Yasmine

ok so i’m 17, and a junior and high school, and i’ve had approximately no experience with men. i’ve “talked” to boys for short periods

but before we even get to date i️ either lose interest or it crashes and burns. i feel like my outlook on sex and dating in high school is based on what i️ see in movies and on tv and i️ have unrealistic expectations for boys just barely getting out of puberty but i️ just can’t bring myself to settle? i feel like i’m running out of time; i️ haven’t lost my virginity, i️ haven’t had a real boyfriend, i’ve only kissed one guy (mind you it was in a game of truth or dare), and i’m starting to think i’m the problem. i️ feel like i’m taking dating in high school too seriously and that i️ should be open and experiment and date casually because realistically i️ know i️ don’t have the capacity for a serious relationship, but i️ cant seem to get off my high horse and just screw around like a normal teenager without forming emotional attachments and letting stuff seriously hurt me. HELP!