40+5 and need some opinions


My midwife is suggesting that I go in tomorrow to get induced. I am perfectly healthy. The baby is fine. My fluid levels are good. They do think he’s measuring 8 lbs 8 oz, but they could be off. I haven’t gained really any weight in 2-3 weeks, and I’ve gained almost exactly 35 lbs this pregnancy. Anyways, I am very nervous about being induced. I think the only reasoning is that our insurance starts over again July 1st, so we’d have to pay more towards the deductible if we went past July. Should I wait and let him come naturally or go ahead and get induced? I really want to avoid a C- section as well as an epidural since I don’t do well with medication. I was due June 18.