My son won’t sleep *edit*

He’s always been a terrible sleeper and I just don’t know what to do. I’m not getting enough sleep, neither is he or my 2 year old or my husband.

I feel like we’ve tried everything. He will wake up around 6:30-6:50 am. He takes hours to put down for a nap or go right down but nap no more than 20 min, so because he’s waking so early needs either 3 naps or an early bedtime.

I have tried both. Yesterday he woke from his last nap at 1:50 pm and didn’t go to sleep till 7:45, then was up at 11 pm, 2 am and up for good at 6:50. It’s now nearly 10:30 and he still won’t nap.

I’ve tried letting him cry it out and it just doesn’t work because he will only fall asleep for 20 min and then wake up and cry more and he would literally this all night if I allowed it to go on.

I don’t understand why he never sleeps. I’m severely depressed and on meds because of this and sleep deprivation and have had to set him down and walk away and had breakdowns in the other room and feel so badly because my toddler sees sometimes. I’m just at a point where I feel like I don’t know what to do anymore and I wish I wouldn’t had had him. I know it’s terrible to say but I’m just so frustrated. I haven’t showered in 3 days. I just want this to end.

Please someone tell me how to make him sleep.

Edit: He is 8 months old. I haven’t slept more than 5 hours at a time in the 8 months since he’s been born. Yes he is breastfed but I do feed him at night once and he is also on solids and 22lbs so definitely getting enough of both and should not need to eat anymore than once during the night.

He will not take a pacifier and never has.

He has a sleepsack, sound machine, blackout curtains and we have a nightly routine of play, eat solids, bath, book, cuddles/breastfeeding and bed that we do every night.

We only have one shower and it is right next to his room so if I even flush the toilet during his crap naps he will wake up because our water is very loud.

And we have tried letting him CIO but he will just cry himself to sleep and sleep for 20-30 min and wake up and could cry for another hour or so and repeat. I’m at my wits end.