Fast and rough delivery

Rachel • August Dean 08/26/19, Jude Parker 09/21/2020, Lincoln Noah 08/04/2021

Well after being almost 2 weeks over due we went in to the hospital to be induced at 4:30 am on the 26th. We got checked in and by 4:45 they gave me my first oral dose of cytotec. I immediately kicked in to labor. Within minutes I was having regular strong contractions. My doctor came in at 8:30 am to break my water and I was dilated to 4cm and 50% effaced. After he broke my water my contractions started to get extremely painful so I went ahead and got my epidural at 9:30. The epidural went flawlessly, and it didnt take long for me to get full relief thankfully. However I didnt realize it was a medicine pump so when I found out I could control how much I was getting I had almost gone completely unnumb again, but once I discovered that button I did really well. My nurse came in to check me and my mom and husband were making bets as to how dilated I would be. They both said 5 cm. Turns out I was at 7cm and 80% effaced. Within 2 hours I was complete at 10cm and 100% effaced at 2:30 pm. Here's where it gets rough. We start pushing at 2:45 pm and I'm not making hardly any progress despite most of my pushes being effective. Turns out baby was face up and bumping my pubic bone with no progress. So we started trying some things, and got him on his side, and finally he was face down. Well as if that wasn't enough my pelvic bones were almost to small to get him out so he just didnt want to come through them. Finally we got him to crown though and the doctor came in to deliver him. But I was entirely to small and had to have an episiotomy. So the doctor made the cut and I started to push but was somehow still to small so he had to cut a second time. Finally after 3 hours and 15 mins of pushing baby was born at exactly 6:30. I had to have 35 stitches. Our baby boy was 8 lbs 4 oz, 21 inches long, and his head circumference was actually surprisingly smaller than expected at 13 inches. We are so happy that our little man has finally arrived!!