letting your kid decide, if they want to go to co parent house or not.

Mrs.Porsche • MsPorsche 29 yo, mother of 1, Author, and Married

So, me and my daughters father is not togather, haven't been since my daughter was 6 months. It's been 9 years since we've been togather soy daughter pretty much been going house to house all her life. But recently she have been saying how she don't want to go over her dad's house. I remember when she use to cry because she didn't like the whole back and forth thing. She would always say I wish y'all could all live togather. So she never really liked it. But lately she haven't shown interest in going over her dad's house. She just wants to stay home. She only goes on the weekend . When it's time to go, she would say why do I have to go over there every weekend. I explain your father wants to see you and and your home everyday. We've talked about it. Sometimes she just wants to stay home with no reason. Granted there is 5 of them over there my daughter is oldest of her siblings. And the only one on my side. She don't like her stepmom but only because she is more firm and strict then I am. At home she has more freedom. And more peace. For the blended families, when, what age did you let your child have the choice rather to go to the other co parent house?