Poorly toddler

Hello,

My little girl is almost 21 months old. She’s been quite poorly the last week. She had diarrhoea for a few days and was sick once and then as that was coming to an end she got a cold. The cold has fully come out now but yesterday I noticed a sore on her tongue and today there are 2 on the inner bottom lip.

I’m not sure what these sores are. They don’t look like cold sores to me, they look more like canker sores. She’s definitely got a sore throat because she’s talking funny, won’t really open her mouth to talk, is dribbling horrendously and is just not very happy in general.

Does anyone have anything to recommend to help with these sores?

There’s nothing worse than seeing your baby suffering 🥺

Thankyou!

Edit - Thankyou you were right! The night after I posted this was horrendous. Constant crying and screaming so rang 111 as I didn’t think it could wait for the drs in the morning and a gp rang back at 4am. She said she thinks it’s hand, foot and mouth disease and told me to give her ibuprofen (which we were doing) but to also give paracetamol 2 hours after. The dr said for a day or two having both will be fine. She was worried about dehydration as my little girl wasn’t drinking and hadn’t had a wet nappy for 12 hours. So she said to see the gp face to face in the morning if there hasn’t been a wet nappy by the time they open at 8:30am. There was a wet nappy but only a little and I was worried so we had a face to face appointment at 10am.

My little one has hand, foot and mouth disease but also has tonsillitis 😭😭 she’s got antibiotics and a numbing throat spray but she’s refusing all medication. The dr said to force it in her mouth which we’ve done but she chokes and it comes back up anyway from the distress, crying, choking and gagging. So we’ve stopped doing that as it’s just traumatising but still do it with the throat spray as there’s no choice and she doesn’t mind that one as much. She’s starting to feel better and is therefore eating and drinking a bit more so we’re hiding it in her food and drink but as soon as she’s had 1 taste she refuses it so will be speaking to dr on Monday on an alternative but I’m

Happy she’s at least getting some of it in her system and it does seem to be working now. She is sleeping a bit better (a few hours at a time with a few cries as she connects sleep cycles) too which I’m so grateful for. I went 41 hours without a single minute of sleep. My mum was going to watch my girl whilst I napped in the morning but then the drs appointment was at 10am so that went out the window. So it’s been a very long, draining week but she’s on the mend which I’m so grateful for. The best time is when she’s woken up from a few hours sleep as she eats, drinks, smiles and plays. I missed hearing her talk so much. There truly is nothing worse than seeing your baby so poorly and I’m so much pain. It broke my heart seeing her like that and have found the last week so hard. That was a long update😅 but thank you 🤗