HEAR ME OUT ✋

OK I want opinions. I work with this girl and she has a baby with a guy that she has been with for the past 10 years. He is a heroin addict and has been for most of their relationship. They are not really in a relationship because he moves out for months at a time while he uses heroin and lives in a trap house with his family. The whole thing is just sad because this girl has so much life and love to give but this guy has totally ruined her outlook on everything. So today we are at work in the lunchroom and we are talking about addictions because she was an alcoholic but she quit drinking as soon as she found out she was pregnant and has been sober ever since so almost 2 years. Anyway, we were talking about addictions and how she thinks that everything can be an addiction from food to alcohol to heroin. So I say I have the occasional wine every now and then and she says that she thinks alcohol should be illegal. And then she asks us what makes us think that heroin and meth are illegal and I say well the cops 👮🏻‍♀️will arrest you and it is against the law. And she says yes that’s what you’ve been told your whole life from the higher up people, that these drugs are illegal. It’s what you’ve been told your whole life to make you believe that they’re illegal. But what makes these drugs illegal? Alcohol can ruin lives, marijuana can ruin lives and those are legal. It really got me thinking that yes, I guess the reason why I believe these are illegal is because I have been told my whole life. She was trying to make the point that just because we’ve been told our whole lives these substances are illegal that is why we believe it and there is such a stigma against addiction. And she feels that since her boyfriend is addicted to heroin everybody in the public sees him as gross and disgusting but people who drink beer 🍺or wine 🍷every night are not seen in that way. I’m trying to figure out if she actually has a point or if she is so diluted with his addiction for almost half of her life that she is actually trying to give him excuses to use heroin? She has also said in the past that she thought he was only using meth and she didn’t realize he was using so much heroin. Like that is better? 🤔🤔