This is normal?

Madie

I was in a mentally abusive relationship for 4 years with the first two years being great then started to get mentally abusive the last 2 we were together and I’ve been out of it for 2 years now. He was my first everything but like I absolutely hate him for good reasons. I’m in a new relationship where I am head over heels in love with this man and everything is going so great and wonderful and we have even started talking about marriage down the road. Why does my ex pop in my head from time to time though? I honestly thought it was because he was the first guy I loved and but I’m completely over him. But I also thought maybe I’m scared of things getting bad between my new man and I because of how things went great with my ex in the beginning. I just wanted to know ways I can get my brain to stop doing this? Maybe it’s PTSD from the abusive I’ve experienced? My current man knows about the past relationship and I trust him enough to know he won’t do anything. I just want this ex out of my head forever and wish I could erase him from my memories but idk how !!!