I would CRY SO HARD

So..

Just to explain the situation... I'm 26, my partner of 5 years is 41, so we met when I was 21 and he was 36.

He was married with 3 kids when we first met at work, so you know.. We just worked together but in different fields.. Talked a bit when we came across eachother, no big deal, colleagues talk, right? So at one point he gets divorced.. And like a month later he asks me out on a date.. He tells me their marriage was going badly for a while.. And the fact that he had caught feelings for someone else was for him the reason to end things.. And somehow it made me feel bad, because I didn't want to be the reason his family was broken... So I made him promise I wasn't the reason they got a divorce.. And he assured me it would've happened without him meeting me anyways. Hear me out, I never provoced anything, I only went out with him after his divorce, I absolutely don't feel like a home wrecker, because I am not. So anyways we end up being a thing, his ex thinks he cheated on her with me, she still does... Even after when a few years ago she confessed things were going so roughly in their relationship because she'd been cheating on him for over a year and he sticks to his truth.

So after my lease on my apartment was coming to an end and I was unhappy living there and he was living with a friend we moved in together quite soon.. After 6 months.. So I meet his kids, they kind of like me instantly, they literally begged me to stay the night (in dad's bed.. Yep.. That specific 😂) so anyways his ex hasn't been very kind to me.. She kind of always assumed I wouldn't be able to take care of her kids because I'm as young as I am.. And so far she hasn't readjusted that opinion.

And to be honest.. I'm really really proud of myself..

Her 3 kids are all troublemakers with a good heart.. The eldest one has adhd and is diagnosed to be in the autism spectrum.. oh.. Did I mention he's a teen now and battling with emotions and hormones? 😅 The middle one has learning disabilities which puts him behind in speach and listening and emotion processing and the youngest one is spoiled rotten.

They're all fantastic kids, don't get me wrong, but they can be a handfull. And most of the time I enjoy looking after them.. As their father works nights an hour drive away (I work from home), I'm alone with the kids very often. I read with them, we do homework together (they do and I help them) I make sure they're washed, I put them to bed in the evening I read ghem bedtime stories and wake them up for school in the morning.. So that's basically 80 to 90% parenting done right there.. So tonight as 2 of them had meltdowns and the third one was bouncing about the house.. I calmed them all down, we sat down, read a book, and went to bed.. And I'm 100% sure their mom and their dad both wouldn't have dealt with the situation as perfectly as I did.. And I was so proud of myself.. And the eldest kid.. Who kind of has a better idea of reality and how parenting is supposed to go (the other 2 are blinded by the endless mountains of candy and screentime they get at their mom's place, which is understandable at their age) and he'd always choose to be with me over his mom and his dad.. Not that I want him to choose.. He just sometimes blurts out such things😭.. I want him to have a good bond with both his parents.

Honestly.. I would be so glad.. If their mom would just treat me as a human being.. Just because she knows I love her kids and I look after them and I care for them..

I would totally cry my eyes out if she would ever thank me for taking such good care of her boys... 😭😭😭

But.. I don't talk to her.. We don't have a lot of common ground together.. Except for the kids.. And.. As she doesn't take control, she just gives them what they want a lot of the time, the kids behave very differently at her place then they do at our place.. So basically.. She has different kids than we do.. So we would basically disagree about alot regarding the kids.. And as they are her kids.. I won't be allowed to disagree with her...