My sweet Summer Estelle is here

Rachel

Summer was born on November 15 at 9:30 pm. She is 6 lb 15 oz and is 19.75 in long. She has a full head of dark brown/black hair and is literally the most content baby I’ve ever met. I was originally due on November 21.

I went into the hospital in the middle of the night on Friday because I was having consistent contractions every 3 minutes. They were strong but I could still walk and talk through them so I had a feeling I wasn’t in active labor, but because my son came so quickly, we decided to go in. I was only 2.5-3 cm dilated, so they had me walk around for two 40-minute segments, but I didn’t progress and the frequency of contractions slowed, so I was sent home.

I had contractions all day inconsistently, but at 4:30 after bouncing around on the birthing ball, they came hard and fast. My husband and I timed a few, but I was keeled over on the floor, and we decided to go back. When we got there around 5:30, I was still only 3 cm dilated but they admitted me because contractions were so strong I couldn’t stand, and they were coming every 2 minutes.

The pain was much worse than the labor I had with my son, and I vomited through some of the contractions. They got me the epidural as quickly as possible, but they needed to get two IV bags in me first because my blood pressure dropped very low when I had the epidural with my son. Got the epidural around 7:30. At 8:30, I was 9.5 cm dilated. They broke my water, and around 9:20, the doctor came in for delivery. I pushed through 5 contractions for about 10 minutes. I could still feel my vagina, and the pain was so awful, but it was so wonderful when they put her on my chest.

We are both doing really well and I am so happy to get to hold this sweet girl.