Husbands Job Being Shady???

Karim

Wasn’t sure where to post this...but were expecting our second, and he’s been at his job for 6yrs now (massage therapist) and they’re being very shady about him taking his leave.

It’s a large company with a post in 55 airports around the US, yet they claim they don’t fall under FLMA... okay even if that may be true (which after doing research it’s not) he has 3 weeks of PTO and was just planning on taking those 3 weeks. They sent him the company paternity leave policy and they have 6 weeks paternity leave for their company but it’s not guaranteed any pay (which is normal and fine) but can use up whatever PTO he has...

So he got an email from head of HR saying he’s approved for his leave using his PTO but he’s not guaranteed a job when he comes back??? And saying when you take your leave you need to turn in your badge? I read the email and my mother read the email and she said it sounds borderline illegal. We’re in California (sounthern California)

I definitely know that you can take leave or vacation and IF APPROVED by the company they can’t just tell you you may not have your job when you come back. Its usually when you leave and it wasn’t approved...

We also researched the California Family Leave Act & the Fair Employment & Housing Act and they’re going against both! Does anybody have any tips on how to go about making sure his job is safe?