Feeling to much...

Okay so I've been told my entire life that it's unhealthy to keep your emotions bottled up because it just builds and builds and builds until you explode. But now I cant seem to hold in all the negatives and i lash out at those who dont deserve it. My son is almost 18 months old and I am still battling depression and anxiety so I know that's at least part of the culprit but I cannot get past all of these negative emotions. Anger, sadness, fear, the every day anxieties of waking up and moving about my day. It literally feel like they are eating me alive at times. Some days I wake up and say "today is gunna be different. I'm gunna be positive and happy" then the day comes and the first bit of negative I face brings me down to a seemingly all time low. All this senseless killing, vandalism, and POINTLESS hate fueled anger going around this sad country thats literally trying to kill itself and it's people (the U.S if its not obvious by the description), is seriously getting to me. I'm loosing who i am because of mental instability and its slowly tearing me apart inside... For those of you who have had similar problems, I could really use some advice...