How long is long enough?

Anja

I could use some advice and just need to vent a bit. My fiancé and I have been together 5 years next month, living together for almost 3 and engaged for 2. I love him, but over the past few months that love has been fading. We have gone through a ton the past few years, including losing both of our mothers to cancer, him being jobless more often than not the past 3 years, living with his dad, me graduating college and starting my career. I've been under a ton of stress for months on end due to finances since my salary alone is not able to cover our bills since my student loans started repayment. We've had money issues non stop for the past 2 years and I'm beyond my breaking point with it. He seems to be battling depression but won't get help, instead plays video games all day long and does nothing around the house.

We don't really fight, but I've talked with him repeatedly about how he needs to help around the house and get at least a part time job, and every time we talk it motivates him for about a week and then he goes back to old habits. I'm so tired of the constant struggle, and I know I'm partially to blame for enabling him this long. When we moved for my job, we had an agreement about what bills he would help with and what chores we would each do, but he didn't hold his end. I told him 2 weeks ago that I'd had it and that if he didn't turn things around I'd have to ask him to move out because I can't afford to support us both.

Our sex life is suffering and I honestly don't know if I'm IN LOVE with him anymore because all I can seem to feel is resentment, anger, and stress.

How long is long enough for me to wait for him to get a job before I call it quits? Where is the line between being supportive and enabling?