Probably a bit different to most people's stories!

T

I woke up on the 24th August 2016 absolutely convinced that I was going to have my baby that day. I was 3 days overdue.

I went to have a sweep at around 3pm, then I went for a long walk. At around 5pm I started having very mild contractions, i was confused because they were very close together right away, about 2-3 minutes, we called the hospital and they said to come in.

On the way there my contractions really really intensified, I was in serious pain. When I got there they examined me and told me I was a long way off active labour, but I was in SO much pain!!! I really panicked, thinking it would get EVEN worse than this and I would t be able to cope.

So we went home, the hospital is about 25 mins from where we live. It was probably about 9pm by this point, on the way back I just NEEDED to push. My body was pushing and I was freaking out because I couldn't stop.

When we got home I ran upstairs to the toilet, because sitting on it relieved the pressure of needing to push. I didn't want to push because I believed I wasn't in active labour and only 3cm dilated!

I told my partner to call an ambulance because I just couldn't stop pushing, they told us we'd probably have to deliver the baby ourselves.

I thought no, that can't be right. I'm just being dramatic. But she told me to push and so I did. I pushed once and my water broke, twice and my daughter's head was born, once more and she slid out onto our bathroom floor, her daddy delivered her!

I was told at the hospital this is very rare, especially for the first child. The weirdest thing to me is that I felt NO pain the second I started pushing, even when her head crowned and gave me a second degree tear 😬 guess all that adrenaline prevented me from feeling it!