Can a twin survive an abortion?!

I know I sound completely mad and dumb as hell, but I had a medical abortion at "12 weeks" I don't believe I was 12 weeks as the fetus was about the size of a packet of 20 cigarettes and the placenta was big too, a lot bigger than the nurses told me to expect and the pain was much more excruciating than they prepared me for. It has now been 3 weeks, the bleeding stopped almost a few days after, but I still have cravings, mental emotions and as crazy as this seems, my friend touched my stomach today and her words were 'I thought you lost the baby', both of us Confused she said that's how her bump felt when it was first growing (both on the heavy side so not visibly noticeable). Before the abortion i was so sure it was twins but the nurse said no and I was also adimant it was a girl but who knows. I've read one twin can be undetected at first and survive an abortion, is this true?..

Please don't judge me for having the abortion, I had my reasons and I regret it so badly. I'd love another chance.

IT WAS A MEDICAL SO I SAW IT AND SPENT 5 HOURS IN LABOUR.