Conflicting relationship w/ boyfriend & my sis

Kayla

So I’ve been with my boyfriend for over a year now and everything’s been good. He has made me cry a few times and we have our ups and downs like any other couple and I usually vent to my sister when I need to. She doesn’t really like him..

Today my sister and I were having a conversation about him and this is what she said exactly “he’s a bum. All he does is work at a gas station with shitty pay and shitty hours and plays airsoft (kind of like paintball) with his friends. I don’t know what you see in him..”

She really made me think after that. He didn’t go to college, he’s 22, he does work a lot and does play airsoft a lot too. I guess she said that because he didn’t continue studying and what not.

He makes me happy because he’s treated me better than any other guy before, he took my virginity so I’m in a way attached to him. So what I’m trying to get at is if my sister is right? Is anyone in a similar situation? Or is anyone dating someone with no college degree? I guess I kind of just want to know that things will be alright and I’m not just wasting my time... :(