Need boy advice/I told him I liked him!!🙈

I'll try my best to keep it short and sweet, but I also need to give enough detail so you guys understand.......

Okay so my one friend is a year older than me, let's call her K. K parks next to this guy so whenever I would ride home from school with her, I would always see the guy. He just assumed K and I were sisters since we look alike. One day he told her, "Your sister is hot." She was like, "What? I don't have a sister." And then he said "okay then the girl you take home."

About a week later as we were leaving school I blew him a kiss as a joke and he blew one back then a little while later I added him on Snapchat and he snap chatted me and said, "Hey baby boo bear." Anyways we talked for a while but nothing too flirty.....in the meantime he snapchatted K and said "I'm gonna marry your sister." And he started addressing me using his last name instead of mine. We had a few convos after that, and he brought up sex a few times, which wasn't surprising since he's flirty and kind of a fuckboi but not all the way. Anywho he just brought that up a couple times which lead me to believe he was at least kind of interested in me.

About two weeks after that, I'd had a few deep convos with this guy where he gave me really good advice, including telling me to be more spontaneous. So as I slowly realized I liked him, I just decided to tell him! Gotta start the new year by stepping outside of my comfort zone amirite

Anywho, I just said something along the lines of, "I know this is random and I normally wouldn't just say this, but I like you." At first he was very surprised, idk why because he should have seen it coming but men are dumb, but then he said more.

OKAY SOOOOO then he repeatedly told me I was very pretty and he was extremely flattered that I liked him! However he said he was currently talking to someone, and if I told him I liked him sooner that it different but unfortunately I was a little too late. Then he ended by saying we should still hang out! Of course I was a little sad but he was nice and I can respect everything he said! BUT WAIT THATS NOT THE END

He went on to say that I'm a great girl but he doesn't feel like he'd be a good person for me because he inks he'd make me less genuine because he's not a good person. Idk why he would consider himself a bad person but that's besides the point. He ended by saying that it wasn't no forever, now just wasn't a good time. Since then we've had a few random convos and it's not too awkward so I feel good. Now I need yall's help.......

Do you think I got totally friend zoned or just temporarily?

Based on the above info is there any way I might have a chance?

What should I do in the meantime while he's still talking to this other girl?

Me: "gonna keep this short and simple!"

*writes a whole essay in MLA format with concrete details*